Every business that ships goods to their customer or provides a service needs to have some way to collect the payment for those goods or services. This is called a purchase order or an invoice, and it generally comes with the goods as they are shipped. However they do sometimes get lost or thrown away in those boxes and a second copy will need to be sent out. When you have created your own invoice you can send a second copy and have one on hand in case you need it.
Keeping your business on top of payments with our invoice template by:
- List a purchase order number in the top corner of every invoice you send out.
- Create your credit terms such as guaranteed sale, 30 days, 60 days and 90 days for payments.
- Use a reference number listing for your own system so your customers can call you to find the invoice quickly.
- Be clear and concise on all the items you list in the invoice, including description, quantity and price.
- Follow up to be sure your customers are satisfied and can read your invoice clearly.